1. How to save power?
• Please turn off the screen while LAUNCH X431 V keeps idle.
• Set a shorter standby time.
• Decrease the brightness of the screen.
• If WLAN connection is not required, please turn it off.
• Disable GPS function if GPS service is not in use
2. What should I do in case I forgot the screen lock?
You can set screen lock as pattern or password.
If you forgot the password, please consult your device provider or reset your device.
Warning: Resetting may cause data loss.
Before use, please make sure important data has been backed up.
3. How to do if the system runs slow?
In this case, please do the followings:
> Check all running applications and stop the unnecessary applications (Steps: Settings > Apps > Running > Tap the desired application and then tap “Stop”).
> Check all installed applications, remove the unnecessary applications (Steps: Settings > Apps > Downloaded > Tap the desired application and then tap “Uninstall”).
If all steps mentioned above are finished and the system still works slowly.
Please try to close the system and reboot your LAUNCH X431 V .
4. How to handle when you encounter “Insufficient storage space”?
If this happens while downloading the diagnostic software, please proceed as follows:
• Get your X-431 V username and password ready. If you forgot the password, please dial our hotline to retrieve it with the product serial number 98519*******.
• Reset the LAUNCH X431 V to the default factory settings (For details, please refer to Item 5 in this Chapter). • Tap “Settings”–>“WLAN”, choose the desired WLAN network to connect.
• Open the browser and visit www.dbscar.com to download and install the latest App.
• After the installation is complete, launch the application and login with your username and password.
• Tap –> “Update” to download the diagnostic software.
Note: For new App, the software structure and storage space occupied by the vehicle softwares have been optimized so as to avoid the occurrence of insufficient storage.
5. How to reset LAUNCH X431 V ?
Resetting may cause data loss.
Before doing so, please make sure important data and information has been backed up.
Do the following to reset X-431 V :
• Tap “Settings”–>“Back & Reset”;
• Tap “Factory data reset”;
• Tap “Reset tablet”;
• Tap “Clear all data” to start resetting until the tool automatically reboots.
6. Why some videos on the website can be not played?
It possibly results from:
• The current browser does not support Flash playing;
• Flash player does not support this video.
Try to use other browsers to watch it or install other Flash player.
7. The data and time of launch x431 v 8 pro can not be set.
It is because Automatic date & time is set on your X-431 V . Tap Settings > Date & time, deselect “Automatic date & time” and then set the date and time manually.